Global Catholic Climate Movement: Our sisters and brothers in poverty are facing the worst impacts of climate change, and they are the ones who contributed the least to the climate crisis. That is why we call for “Climate Justice.” Video at https://catholicclimatemovement.global/stories/
From 2017 Vatican Conference on clean energy [Link]
“We must achieve the bending of emissions — work together, act together, decide together, show that the arc of compassion, the arc of solidarity, the arc of love is not broken. We have to keep our own moral call awake.” C. Figueres
CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES CLIMATE CHANGE CASE STUDIES
- Central American Maize-Bean Systems and the Changing Climate
- Local Approaches; An Economic and Technical Feasibility Analysis of Adaptation Techniques in Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali
- Case Studies on Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa
- A Study from the Wellness and Agriculture for Life Advancement (WALA) Program
- Factors Influencing Households to Adopt Disaster-Resistant Practices in Post-disaster Settings
- Identifying Market Opportunities and Agricultural Value Chains in the Sahel Regions of Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali
Warming temperatures, sea-level rise and unpredictable shifts in weather are already cutting into food production and will have long-term impacts on human survival, according to the latest report on climate change from the UN.
The UN releases periodic reports on the impact of climate change. The last one, released in October 2013, found that climate change is happening faster than ever, and will only get worse.